Getting A Pea in the Pod

By Jun 2010, we were ready for parenthood. Many of my dear friends had either already popped babies or were in the baby popping stages. These new moms definitly gave me a boost that I too can cope with sleepless nights, changing diapers and all the other chores that came with a baby on board.
So I spent much of June researching of how to get pregnant.
As I researched and read more on how to get pregnant, it became quite obvious that trying for a baby was no child's play. It might take from months to years. So it was not as easy as what's shown on those bollywood movies, where on one rainy night the hero and heroine kisses and hugs and then, in the next scene viola! you have a nauseated heroine.

But here's the good news, the below listed tips might help you achieve your mission faster. Remember, these are just my suggestions.  
  • Grab this book asap. I highly recommend it - Take in charge of your fertility by Toni Weschler
    • This book explains in detail how to track your BBT (Basal body temperature), cervical mucus and also helps  you pinpoint your most fertile time of the month. 
    • It also helps you track your exact luteal phase and if you are actually ovulating very month. Just because your periods are regular doesn't mean that you are ovulating each month. So please buy this book.
  • Do not rely on online ovulation calendars. By entering a guessed luteal phase value, in an online ovulation calendar, you might miss your actual fertile days.
  • Use ovulation test strips, in addition to all the tips that you gain from the book. You can buy them online here - http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/pacof3ovtess.html
  • Buy a BBT thermometer for charting your BBT. A BBT thermometer is more accurate than a normal  thermometer. It should cost you around $10.
  • You can either chart your BBT on paper or use online sites for charting. I personally like - fertilityfriend.com
  • Exercise at least twice a week. Make sure that your body weight is within a healthy range.
  • Start taking folic acid. I started taking mine a year before planning to have a baby.
My research did help me a lot and by God's grace I conceived after 2 months. Wishing you all a stress and frustration free conceiving!
These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati

6 Responses to this post

  1. Ranjeetha Bipin on April 10, 2011 at 11:31 PM

    Hii Dev,
    Really nice article...I do feel strongly about taking the right attitude towards pregnancy...and I am glad you have done some research about this.
    "What To Expect While You Are Expecting" is a nice book to read and all their range of books are really cool...
    Best wishes for the amazing journey that awaits you ;)

  2. Suchitra on April 11, 2011 at 11:05 AM

    Mighty useful, especially with the links and references.

  3. Sanju on April 12, 2011 at 7:51 AM

    This post is very informative sree.. thanks for the information.

  4. Vini on April 12, 2011 at 4:03 PM

    Thats very neat, Sree :) i am sure it is really helpful for all friends who are baby-planning. Liked the idea of the BBT thermometer.

  5. Ina on September 5, 2012 at 4:41 PM

    Oh God, do you actually have to do all that?? I remember my father went to this working meeting and suddenly a guy stood up, and said: " I am sorry, I really have to go home. My wife texted me that she was ovulating and I have to go home right away. You know, we are tryng for a baby..."
    Needless to say nobody commented on that nor tried to stop him...

  6. Anonymous on March 9, 2013 at 8:44 AM

    I am not sure where you're getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for excellent information I was looking for this information for my mission.

    my page; wordpress portfolio themes