Love Letter

Dear Moringa

The first time I saw you was at my local Indian store and I lost my heart. After all, you were a such a beautiful healthy sapling potted in a small plastic container. I took you home the same day and nourished you in my patio for 2 months.

And then when it was early October, one bright sunny day I transplanted you from the pot to my back yard. Though it wasn't the best decision I made, you withstood your first freeze in late October. You were indeed one strong little sapling.

By early November when you began to shed your leaves, the homo sapiens dwelling with me and few that visited assured me that you were gone forever because the dreadful winter ahead was beyond what you could defy. While my heart ached, I remained affirmative that you will grin and bear it. Now and then during those cold months from November through January, I visited and conversed with you though you remained dormant with leafless tiny branches.

Then as spring drew closer, as the other greens budded and sprouted, you continued to remain dormant. The humans around me continued their usual mockery. Until one day, my darling Moringa, you sprouted your first two tiny green leaves. I knew at that moment you were back with a bang and I am so delighted you did.

Hoping to see my little Moringa grow into a tree soon.

With lots of Luv,
Sree

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati